Sweet Potato & Lentil Stew (simple & quick)
Here’s a light, healthy, satisfying and filling stew that will help you feel more grounded. Lentils help cleanse and purify your blood, sweet potatoes add fiber, potassium and helps kick cravings for sweets. Recipe makes about 6-8 servings.
*Add spinach or kale about 5 minutes before serving to add extra healthy goodness.
- 3 Tbs. Olive oil
- 4 medium sweet potatoes cut into 1” cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 2 carrots, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1-2 leeks cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup green/brown lentils
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. Bell’s seasoning or a combination of ground sage, thyme, rosemary, oregano and ginger
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat oil in large saucepan, saute
the sweet potatoes, add leeks, onion, carrots and garlic stir to coat – add lentils, broth and spices – simmer 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!