This chowder gives you creative power over your meal. Use vegetables that are in season and try to focus on vegetables of all colors – eat the rainbow.
For my stew, I used items I picked up that day from the local farm stand. I made good use of the leafy green tops from beets, celery and turnip, and I used 2 ears of freshly shucked corn. I made it creamy using almond milk but you can use any milk of choice, just remember to limit dairy products if you’re concentrating on lowering inflammation.
- 1 lg. onion
- 1 lg clove elephant garlic (you can use 3-4 regular cloves)
- 2 medium potatoes with skin
- 1 large Turnip
- 1 large Carrot
- 3 stalks Celery
- 1 Green or red pepper
- 1 large Zucchini
- 2 ears of Corn – husked and steamed for 5 minutes then cut off the cob
- 1 can of Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1″ Fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Leafy greens added last, try kale, spinach, collards, cabbage, Swiss chard – I used celery leaves, beet greens and turnip greens – about 4 cups total
- Cumin, gray sea salt, black pepper, paprika – roughly 1/2 – 1 teaspoon each