I’ve been hearing about Matcha tea for quite a while but until recently, I wasn’t interested in giving it a try. A week or so ago I did a bit of personal research to understand the hype and benefits. I admit, I like it and wish I gave it a try sooner. I’m the type of person who will eat or drink it because it is healthy; the taste will have to grow on me because I won’t abandon something good for me, would you?!
Preparing Matcha is somewhat of a short ritual. You choose the brand of Matcha that is good quality and tastes right to you personally. You purchase a bamboo Matcha whisk and find a favorite bowl that will be your Matcha bowl and a bamboo Matcha scoop, it’s small and holds just the right amount of Matcha powder for each serving.
Boil your water then let it sit for a few minutes to calm and cool down slightly. Measure 1-2 scoops of Matcha into your bowl, add a splash of hot water, whisk gently to mix then top it off with more water…my guess is between 1/2 and 1 cup; then whisk quickly but gently until it gets frothy. Pick up your bowl and sip away!
You can also froth up a small amount of Matcha and add it to a glass of cold almond milk and froth it up for a refreshing cold Matcha milk – I tried that too and love it!
Some of the benefits of Matcha Green tea are:
- High in antioxidants which help fight the negative affects of the environment and junk foods
- Very high in catechins. EGCG which are the most beneficial and potent of antioxidants
- Boosts energy and endurance levels
- Boosts memory and concentration
- Boosts the immune system offering high levels of vitamins A & C, protein, iron, calcium, and potassium
- Enhances calm
- Detoxifies the body
- Lowers bad cholesterol, raises good cholesterol
- Burns calories
Give it a try sometime. Share your thoughts and experience with Matcha.