A while ago I was talking with a relative about headaches; particularly migraines. I get them too often and she mentioned that she used to get them until she began taking beta-blockers for high blood pressure. This information caught my attention and my desire to find an organic supplementation of beta-blockers and the following is what I found.
Beta-blockers relax blood vessels in the body.
Migraine occurs when the arteries around the brain are inflamed.
If you suffer from frequent migraines or any other types of headache, consider trying the following remedies. If you’re on prescription beta-blockers, talk to your doctor before you change you diet even if the change is for the better.
- Olive, avocado and grapeseed oils,
- 70% dark chocolate
- Berries – blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries & Fruit: apples, bananas, pineapple, pomegranate, pomegranate juice, and citrus
- Nuts/Seeds – walnuts, pecans, almonds & sunflower seeds
- Fish – baked, sautéed or poached, not deep fried
- Vegetables – broccoli, leafy greens,
- CoQ10 – an antioxidant that helps convert food into energy; also may lower blood pressure
- Hawthorn berry leaves and flower
- Feverfew – increases circulation throughout the body & relieves muscle tension
- Chamomile tea – calms and relaxes muscles and blood vessels
Other helpful habits include:
- a proper amount of sleep on a regular basis
- exercise and meditation & yoga for relaxation.
Try one or more of these remedies to see of they help you out so that next time you get a headache, maybe it won’t be as bad or last as long as they do now. Know your headache triggers and try to avoid them. By eating the foods on this list you will be improving your blood pressure, and stress & tension levels as well as cleansing your blood and liver.