My first new habit of the year 2014 actually sounds quite simple but it isn’t always as easy as it seems. My habit will be to drink more water! Yup, that simple. While I typically drink plenty of water, I find myself drinking less when it’s cold outside. I opt for hot things like coffee & tea more often only drinking small sips of water here and there throughout the day.
If you’d like to join me, here are a few tips:
- Drink at least 6 ounces of water first thing in the morning, before coffee, tea or food. Keep a glass by the sink to remind you.
- Keep a water bottle or glass close at all times all day, when you see it you will grab it because it’s convenient and a reminder.
- Flavor your water with lemon juice-this helps alkalize your body too.
- Drink warm water as if for tea, except plain or with lemon only.
- Drink at least 6-8 ounces of water right before bed.
Cheers! Bottoms up!